Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lara Dutta upset with HOUSEFULL maker Sajid Khan!

LARA DUTTA and SAJID KHAN
Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network
HOUSEFULL is a hit and on the verge of becoming a superhit if it continues to do good business in the second week as well. Everyone associated with the film has benefitted, including Lara Dutta who was getting good reviews after BILLU, DO KNOT DISTURB and BLUE but was still was in search of a huge money spinner to consolidate her position at the box office. Now with HOUSEFULL clicking with audience, she has seen the best of both worlds with good reviews for her comic act being the icing on the cake.
"I enjoyed working on the film and it was great to be associated with all these people. It was a wonderful opportunity and not just did I have so many great scenes but also ended up working with number of animals", laughs Lara who had a couple of hilarious scenes with a parrot and a tiger.

However, she wasn't quite laughing till the time she signed HOUSEFULL with Sajid Khan. Reason being that she missed the opportunity of working with the film maker in HEYY BABYY.


"Oh yes, I was upset with him when he didn't take me for HEYY BABYY", says Lara with mock anger, "I love his sense of humour and really wanted to be a part of his cinema. I told him categorically that I should have been there in HEYY BABYY. This is why when HOUSEFULL was being planned, I reminded him for our conversation."

Lara was pronto signed and expectedly, she was over the moon.

"I was the most thrilled living being at that time", remembers Lara, "Sajid had so much faith in me. The biggest compliment that he gave me was when he compared me with Madhuri (Dixit) and Sridevi when it came to comedy. I am glad he saw such potential in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment